- This event has passed.
Advanced Workshop 1A: Editing oral history audio with Audacity
April 8, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This workshop is designed for the novice or professional oral historian looking to improve their skills in editing and presentation of recorded interviews. Sarah Rood, professional historian from Way Back When Consulting Historians, will guide you through this process using the Mac/PC compatible program ‘Audacity’.
In this workshop you will learn
- Basic recording skills
- An overview of the many things Audacity can do
- How to edit an interview to suit your purpose
- Hands on practice with the software
Please bring with you
- Your digital recording device and the appropriate cables/connection/card reader. We will be creating a sound file for you to edit on the day, so this is imperative!
- Your laptop with Audacity already loaded – please be sure to check that once downloaded, you have installed it successfully and that it opens on your computer. There will be a large practical component that will involve using Audacity on your laptop, so to get the most out of this workshop, please ensure you have installed the software and checked that it works.
Audacity can be downloaded here:
If you don’t bring/install the above items you will not be able to participate fully in the workshop.
Morning and afternoon tea are provided but you will need to either bring or purchase your own lunch.
Registration – Members $60, Non-members $100 (includes cost of OHV membership), Student / Concession $30.
OHV reserves the right to cancel this event in the case of unforeseen circumstances, in which case a full refund will be made. Otherwise OHV maintains a strict ‘no refund’ policy.