OHV’s second Ideas and Skills Exchange is approaching fast! Our last session, held in May, involved a relaxed and informal chat about some of the issues we were facing in our projects, including:
- what to do when an interviewee rewrites their transcript;
- how to create and archive a permanent record;
- different types of consent forms;
- interviewing family members, interviewing elders; and
- interviewing historians who want to fix all the facts!
We had a wonderfully diverse range of oral historians, sharing experiences from their own fascinating projects, which ranged from local stories to tales of the Stolen Generation.
Our second session will be held on Tuesday 15 August, 5:30 – 6:30 at The Moat cafe bar (176 Little Lonsdale St, near the State Library). Facilitated by OHV President Al Thomson, this is a great opportunity for members to meet up and share current or upcoming oral history projects, and to get advice about any challenges you are facing.
If you are keen to come along for a relaxed chat (and a drink or two!), please visit the event page for more information.