On the evening of Tuesday the 9th of May 2017, OHV held our first “Ideas and skills exchange” support group meeting at The Moat near the State Library of Victoria. The venue was relaxed, the chat flowed about our projects and the issues we’re facing, which included:
- what to do when an interviewee rewrites their transcript;
- how to create and archive a permanent record;
- different types of consent forms;
- interviewing family members, interviewing elders; and
- interviewing historians who want to fix all the facts!
- Alistair Thomson (OHV President, Professor of History at Monash University ),
- Marie Nunan (who’s idea it was – she’s a freelance oral historian working with Barwon Health),
- Meg Lee (one of group of 8 volunteers at Fitzroy Historical Society recording oral histories with locals), and
- Kath Travis and Greg Thorpe (who are working on Kath’s three-generational stolen generations family history).
If you’re looking to connect with other Oral History Victoria members, please be sure to check our events calendar for the details of our next meeting.