Applications are now open for the National Library’s 2020 Community Heritage Grants (CHG) program and its 2021 fellowships program.
Community Heritage Grants program
provides grants of up to $15,000 to community organisations such as libraries, archives, museums, genealogical and historical societies, multicultural and Indigenous groups. The grants are provided to assist with the preservation of locally owned, but nationally significant collections of materials that are publicly accessible including artefacts, letters, diaries, maps, photographs, and audio visual material.
The types of projects supported include
- significance assessments of collections
- preservation needs assessments of collections
- conservation activities and collection management, and
- training workshops.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 4 May 2020 (AEST).
For further information about the grants go to: www.nla.gov.au/content/community-heritage-grants.
For details on how to apply, go to: www.nla.gov.au/chg/guidelines
The National Library of Australia, in partnership with its generous sponsors and donors, offers researchers an opportunity to undertake a 12-week residency at the Library. Applicants may work in any field or discipline where the Library’s collections have appropriate depth and breadth to support the desired outcomes.
Fellowships are available to researchers who require onsite access to the Library’s uniquely held or extensive collections to advance their research towards publication or other public outcomes. Fellowships will:
- contribute to a greater public understanding or knowledge of the Library’s collections
- promote discussion through research which informs and engages contemporary discourse
- enhance the national and international reputation of the National Library as an institution of major research significance
- actively promote the research experience and outcomes.
Applications for the 2021 program round close at Friday 24 April 2020 at 5pm (AEST).
For further information about the fellowships go to: www.nla.gov.au/awards-and-grants/fellowships-and-scholarships/national-library-of-australia-fellowship.