The Oral History Australia Journal is now open access. Our members no longer need to use a dedicated login to access the journal and authors of articles in the current issue can easily refer others to their work.
The 2019 issue of the OHA Journal can be accessed through the main menu at the top of our website – under the Publications tab or by following this link:https://www.oralhistoryaustralia.org.au/current-journal.html
The decision to make the journal open access was one of a number of changes to the management of the journal approved by the Oral History Australia Committee at its February 2020 meeting. Joint Editors Skye Krichauff and Carla Pascoe Leahy and Editorial Board Chair Francesco Ricatti said the aim of open access was to increase the reach of the journal.
In another key change the Editorial Board has been expanded from the current membership of Francesco Ricatti, Beth Robinson and Anisa Puri to also include prominent international scholars:
- Lynn Abrams (University of Glasgow)
- Sean Field (University of Cape Town)
- Alexander Freund (University of Winnipeg)
- Anna Green (Victoria University of Wellington)
- Mark Wong (National Archives of Singapore).
The joint editors said this change aimed to improve the quality and reach of the journal’s peer-reviewed section whilst maintaining the non-peer-reviewed section as an inclusive space that is welcoming of all of Australia’s diverse oral history community.
Gemmia Burdon continues as Reviews Editor and Imogen Smith has been appointed to a new position as Reports Editor.
2020 issue – deadlines
Deadlines associated with this issue are:
- peer-reviewed articles – 28 February 2020
- articles/project reports – 30 April 2020
- reviews of books and other publications – 30 April 2020.