2018 Symposium – Oral History and the Emotions
July 29 @ 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Bookings are now open for our 2018 symposium. There’s a snapshot of our fascinating program below but you can get the full program and book your place by visiting our events page: https://oralhistoryvictoria.org.au/event/2018-symposium/
Keynote: Katie Holmes – Recording emotions in the Australian Generations Oral History Project
- Annabelle Baldwin, ‘And What happened next?’ Revelations of sexual violence in Holocaust testimonies
- Portia Dilena, Listening against the grain
- Geraldine Fela, ‘I felt like nurse death’: Australian nurses and the AIDS crisis
- Miranda Francis, What emotion do mothers leave out when they tell their stories?
- Francesco Ricatti, Embodying phantasmatic memories of migration: a case study
- Jordana Silverstein, ‘He died on my watch’: Oral histories of Australian policy-making for child refugees
- Al Thomson, Indexing Emotion: Joy and shame in oral history
- 5-minute lightning presentation: Matthew Davis, Melbourne’s Living Museum of the West.